Open Call to Local Makers
Do you sew your own garments or make garments for other people? Do you have any in the back of your cupboard that you'd like to pass on? Or maybe some fabric that you're not planning on using?
The Stitchery Pop-Up Shop, hosted at this years Christmas Open Day, is a chance for local sewers to help spread the gospel of home-sewn clothing, and make a few bucks from their handiwork.
Here's how it works:
We'll take up to 10 garments and 10 lengths of fabric from each sewer and display them at our Pop-up shop. For each garment or length of fabric, we'll agree a selling price with the sewer - fabrics will be priced per metre. The Stitchery will take a 30% commission and the rest gets pocketed by you.
Basic rules are as follows:
- All garments must be made either by yourself or by a friend/family member.
- Garments need to be completely finished, inside and out
- Minimum length of fabric is 1metre (natural fibres preferred like cotton, linen, silk..)
- The Stitchery wants to promote well made clothing and good quality fabric - please bear this in mind when submitting - but also don't let it put you off, as we don't expect perfection (if you're unsure, please get in touch).
- Last sign-up date is 23rd November
- Garments must be delivered by 1st December
To submit your garments, please use the form below. We'll be in touch with you by the 25th November. See below submission form for terms & conditions.
Terms & Conditions
- The Stitchery wants to promote good quality clothing, that is well made. We reserve the right not to receive submissions if we determine that the quality is not in keeping with this ethos.
- Commission payments will be made by December 20th, via bank transfer (unless otherwise arranged).
- Upon delivery you will be required to submit more information about your garment or fabric: e.g. who made the garment, where the fabric was sourced (if known).