One-Day Worskhop // 10am - 5pm // Cost: £60 + Fabrics // Level: Pure Beginner // Instructor: Susie Haigh, Designer // Projects: Cushion Cover or Christmas Stocking
Get to grips with a sewing machine and make something special for yourself or a loved one!
If you're unable to commit to a longer course or you want to dip your toes before diving in, then this one-day workshop is perfect for you. And for this special Christmas edition of our workshop, we've added the option of making your very own Christmas stocking!
Learn sewing machine basics, stitches & seams, making templates, working with fabric and fabric terms, simple hems, basic seam finishes, buttons & buttonholes, applique, and bias binding. Choose from a cushion cover or christmas stocking, and make something special in your own choice of fabric. Make it for yourself or as a gift for someone else!
Skill Level & The Studio
This is a Pure Beginner level course, which means it's suitable for absolute beginners, or anyone who wants to firm up on the basics. Our studio has a sewing machine available for each student; although you can bring your own if you like.
- A basic set of sewing skills; a basic understanding of how to use a sewing machine.
- A cushion cover or christmas stocking, made by you, in a your own choice of fabric and styling options.
- Tutorial e-books for all projects, allowing you to go home and make more!
Booking Your Place
To book your place on this course, please use our online booking system below. You can pay a deposit or, if you prefer, pay the full course amount. Please familiarise yourself with our Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You can pay by PayPal or any major debit/credit card. NOTE: You do not need a PayPal account to make a booking. Simply click on the link which says "pay with a debit or credit card". It looks like this.
Stitchery Sewing Kits
When you come to book your place online, you'll be given the option to add a Stitchery Sewing Kit to your basket. These are also available to order from our studio or the Student Resource section at a later date.
The kits include everything you'll need to get started on your sewing journey. And we've chosen only high quality sewing products, recommended by us. Included in each kit is:
- 21cm Soft Grip Fabric Scissors, by Fiskars
- Baby Bow embroider scissors, by Merchant & Mills
- Glassheaded Pins x 100, by Merchant & Mills
- Finest Sewing Needs x 25, by Merchant & Mills
- Seam Ripper, by Merchant & Mills
- Tape Measure, by Merchant & Mills
- Sewing Gauge, by Merchant & Mills
- Fabric Marking Pencils, by Clover
- A tool wallet with zip closure
- Optional - Makers Workbook for £10 extra (RRP £12.50)
Each kit is £45, or £55 with the inclusion of the Makers Workbook. This is a handy journal, specifically designed for jotting down important information about your sewing projects.
If you have any questions please have a look at our FAQs page. We also recommend reading the relevant page on our Student Resource Page, where you can find useful insights on the course structure and what supplies you'll need to bring to class (Note: If you don't see your course info up yet, don't panic, we'll have it up with enough time to get your supplies together before the course starts).